Are you planning a trip to the immensely popular Dominican Republic? The island is gorgeous with a superb climate year-round.
No wonder this popular destination has so many visitors each year. Two favorite hotels are Four Points by Sheraton and the Hard Rock Hotel.
How are these hotels alike and what are their differences?
This 125 room hotel is conveniently located by the airport and has received a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
Whether you’re looking to spend one night or maybe a week, the service is impeccable, the rooms are always clean, and the amenities are exceptional.
Some of the amenities you’ll find in this hotel are:
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center
- Restaurant with available breakfasts
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking
- Business Center with internet access
- Conference facilities and meeting rooms
- Laundry service
- Convenience store
- Rental car Service Desk on site
- Free shuttle from the airport
- Free access to the ecological park
- Free shuttle to Playa Blanca
- Access to two sister hotels
It’s a full-service hotel with only 125 rooms near shopping and dining in Puntacana Village.
The Galerías Puntacana is where you’ll find famous international stores are restaurants, such as El Burrito, Restaurante Wok, Acentos Bistro, La Cava Kitchen and Bar, and Mamma Luisa.
There’s also an ice cream parlor, supermarket, clothing stores, beauty parlor, a playground, art gallery, along with a veterinary clinic, pharmacy, clinical laboratory, and banks.
BlueMall is also nearby and the famous pristine beach, Playa Blanca.
It’s also near one of the best golf courses in the islands, P.B. Dye’s La Cana Golf Course and Beach Club. The course has been compared with Pebble Peach by Golf Magazine.
It offers 27 challenging holes, 14 with picturesque ocean views and is open to Four Points guests. It also includes the use of golf shops, tennis courts, and Six Senses Spa.
Six Senses Spa is world-renowned and offers an international team for messages and rejuvenating therapies.
Spa packages are available for pampering, relaxation, and healing, such as Sensory Spa Journey or the Romance Journey. Reservations are highly recommended.
You’ll find the rooms are kept very clean, with large bathrooms, air conditioners, and walk-in showers.
The bedding is very comfortable with all the modern conveniences, such as coffeemakers and large desks for computers.
The Four Points offers standard rates, prepay and save, along with deals and vacation packages which include your hotel and flight.
You can make your reservations online, or by phone. The Four Points is also affiliated with Marriott, which allows you to use your reward points.
Hard Rock Hotel
Located on the pristine white sandy Macao Beach, this 1,775 room hotel is all-inclusive. It’s about a 30-minute ride from the airport.
If you enjoy gambling, this hotel has a first-class casino, similar to what you’d find in Las Vegas. It features the exclusive Oro nightclub.
Some of the other amenities you’ll find in the Hard Rock are:
- 11 Outdoor pools, including an adult pool & a kid pool with lazy river
- 4 swim up bars
- Hot tub
- Rock Spa ®
- Fitness center
- LCD TVs
- Golf course (18-hole Jack Nicklaus designed)
- 9 Restaurants with breakfast included
- Airport transportation
- Shuttle bus service
- Banquet room
- Business center with internet access
- Conference facilities
- Laundry service
- Children Activities and Kids Club
Several of the Dominican Republic’s top attractions are nearby, including ATV tours, family-friendly shows, safaris, zoos, and aquariums.
For a little adventure, there are day tours:
- Catamaran and speedboats to Saona Island
- Outback safaris
- Jeep safaris
Other attractions include Lake Enriquillo, 3 Eyes National Park, Bavaro Beach, 27 Charcos, Teleferico Puerto Plata Cable cars, Altos de Chavon, and National Park of the East.
Eco-tours are also available: 27 waterfalls of Damajagua, Scape Park and Hoyo Azul, Las Haitises National Park.
Other day trips are Flintstones Buggy Adventure, Monkeyland and Plantation Safari, Historical Santo Domingo. All of these are for families.
- Party boat and parasailing
- Coco bongo show and disco
- Imagine Cave
- Gold member ticket (theater show)
Enjoy luxury accommodations in every room and suite.
Some of the amenities you’ll treasure are double hydro spa tub, balcony with furniture, liquor dispenser, minibars, individually controlled air conditioning, safes, and coffee makers.
The Hard Rock offers several different suites, including:
- Caribbean suite
- Junior Suite
- Caribbean Diamond
- Rock Royalty
- 2 bedroom suite
- 3 bedroom junior suite
- The Signature Presidential Suite with a personal assistant
- Signature Presidential Suite (2 bedrooms) with a personal assistant
- And the huge 7,744 sq. ft. Rock Star Suite (3 bedrooms) for VIP Casino guests.
With nine different restaurants, what do you feel like eating today? With this wide array of eateries, it won’t be easy to choose.
- The Bistro Med offers Japanese cuisine
- Ciao is a contemporary Italian restaurant
- Ipanema is a Brazilian-styled restaurant with an ocean view by the lazy river
- Isla has fresh Caribbean dining
- Los Gallos offers Latin American choices
- Pizzeto has several varieties of brick oven-style pizzas
- The Market is the hotel’s buffet, opened for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Toro is the hotel’s international buffet for breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner, it’s the Steakhouse a la carte.
- Zen specializes in Japanese and Chinese cuisine
For an additional bonus and fee, dine at the Montserrat Manor serves a Japanese-Peruvian fusion called Nikkei.
It’s become a Europe gastronomic sensation and has entrees, such as seafood and prime cuts.
You’ll experience the life of a rock star by staying in the Hard Rock! In the all-inclusive resort program, all taxes and gratuities are included.