- Whale watching in Samana bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guides
- Plane tickets
- Horseback ride
- Lunch buffet
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
What to bring
- Bathing suit
- Dramamine (for motion sickness)
- Bug Repellent
- Socks (to wear with the rubber boots)
Each year, thousands of Humpback Whales complete the journey from the North Atlantic to the warm waters of the Caribbean. From January 15 to March 31, approximately 300 of these whales are present in the Bay of Samana, making it the perfect spot to view these beautiful sea creatures. As a matter of fact, the World Wildlife Fund named the Bay of Samana as one of the best whale watching places in the world!
Get There Faster
After a private plane ride from Punta Cana Airport to Samana’s Arroyo Barril Airport, you will be transported to Samana Bay for your whale watching samana adventure! The excursion continues to the tropical island paradise of Cayo Levantado. You can relax on the island as you enjoy the gorgeous clear turquoise waters and smooth white sands.
The Fun Continues
Once we return to land, A delicious lunch will be served at a typical dominican ranch and after a short well deserved rest we will continue our adventure on horseback as we travel to the renowned Limon Waterfall. This majestic site in the forest of Samana features waters splashing down 52 meters from the mountain river above. Be sure to have your cameras ready!
Do not miss this once-in-a-lifetime journey to the gorgeous Samana region to enjoy whale watching, tropical beaches and amazing waterfalls!
– Bring long socks to wear with the rubber boots provided for the trip down to the waterfall.
– Chewing candied ginger at least a couple of hours before departure will significantly reduce the chance of motion sickness during the plane and boat rides.
Tour departs from most Punta Cana / Bavaro area hotels. An extra pick up charge may be added to your cart depending on the location of your hotel.
Pick up time and location
Pickup time varies depending on the location of your hotel, you will be picked up in the hotel lobby or specified meeting point. The exact pickup time and location will be provided on your voucher after booking.
12 hours (approximate total duration from pickup to drop-off).
You will be dropped off at your hotel.
Days of operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
– Tours are non-refundable for no show.
– Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance of the scheduled pick up time or there will be no refund.
– Should a tour be cancelled due to bad weather we will reschedule at your earliest convenience. If your dates are not flexible and the rescheduling cannot be done a full refund will be issued.
Or call us at 1-800-832-1622
Toll Free from USA & Canada, available 9 AM – 5 PM (EST) Monday to Friday