Located just off the coast of the Dominican Republic is the Caribbean tropical Saona island (isla Saona). This beautiful island was originally named “Adamanay” by the island’s original inhabitants. In 1494, the explorer Christopher Columbus renamed the island in honor of one of his friends who lived in Savona, Italy.
This island is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Dominican Republic. It is an island of white sand beaches, numerous palm trees and some of the bluest waters found anywhere in the world.
As part of the tour to this island paradise, guests will be transported to the island on a speedboat to arrive quickly in order to enjoy what the Saona offers. Guests will enjoy swimming, an open bar, playing beach volleyball and relaxing in the tropical breezes.
Also, a lunch will be served to each guest. The lunch includes Dominican foods including rice, beans, pork and chicken.
The return trip to the mainland is on a catamaran. There is an open bar on this cruise. Guests will enjoy this slow moving trip on gorgeous waters as they listen to and enjoy the sounds of Latin music.
- Round trip transport
- Professional guide
- Speed boat and catamaran to Isla Saona
- BBQ, buffet lunch
- Snacks and drinks
- Beach clothing
- Bathing suit
Pickup times and locations vary by hotel location. We’ll be contacting you with the exact pickup time and location after booking.
$106.00 Saona Island Adult - You save 6% per person online
$70.00 Saona Island Child - You save 9% per person online
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a question related to our tour booking service?
- Do you require help to book online?
- Are you experiencing difficulty while trying to book?
Save Money Book in Advance
Avoid Sold Out Tours and Excursions!
We have partnered with the leading and highest rated tour provider in the Dominican Republic. They fulfill ALL the tours available on iHeartDR, oh and we don’t add a fee!
Why should you book online with us?
- No cancellation penalties
- No hidden fees
- We are locally based
- 7 days a week customer service
- Operating since 2007
- A+ rating from the ministry of tourism of the Dominican Republic
- Certificate of Excellence on tripadvisor
- Support the local community: For every excursion booked online one dollar (US$1.00) goes to help two local organizations making a difference in the lives of children and stray animals in the Punta Cana region.